Eric Faulkner, RTI Health Solutions Director of US Market Access and Reimbursement, will speak at the Phacilitate Cell and Gene Therapy Forum to be held in Washington, DC on January 28-30, 2008. This forum will assemble stakeholders from around the globe to discuss key issues related to the development, adoption and diffusion of emerging cell and gene therapies.
Mr. Faulkner will provide a morning keynote entitled How will Cell and Gene Therapies Fit into the Reimbursement System? Mr. Faulkner will also serve as a panelist and provide expert input in the following two panel sessions (other expert panelists are noted below):
- Addressing the Key Issues Raised by the Continuing Convergence of the Device Sector with the Cell, Gene and Tissue Therapy Sectors
- Dr. Richard D. McFarland, Associate Director for Policy, US Food and Drug Administration
- Dr. Joyce Frey-Vasconcells, Executive Director, PharmaNet, Inc
- Mr. Frank Corbin, Vice President, Advanced Technologies, Gambro BCT
- Dr. Elmar R. Burchardt, Vice President, Medical Affairs, Aastrom Biosciences
- On the Road to Commercialization: What Preparations Need to be Made to Enable the First Licensed Products to Flourish in the Marketplace?
- Dr. Naomi Aronson, Executive Director, Blue Cross Blue Shield Technology Evaluation Center
- Mr. Michael J. Werner, President, The Werner Group
Mr. Faulkner’s responsibilities at RTI Health Solutions (RTI-HS) involve evaluation of US and international pricing and reimbursement issues, health technology assessment practices, product reimbursement and commercialization strategies and changing health policy. He has recently served as an expert advisor to the Personalized Medicine Subcommittee of the President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology and is serving as a lead editor for an upcoming book entitled Medical Device and Diagnostics Outcomes Research: Issues and Good Research Practices, sponsored by the US Medical Device and Diagnostics Council of the International Society of Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR).
In addition to responsibilities at RTI Health Solutions, Mr. Faulkner also serves as Director of the Genomic Biotech Institute (GBI) of the National Association of Managed Care Physicians (NAMCP) and Editor-in-Chief of the GBI special section of the Journal of Managed Care Medicine, Genomics and Biotechnology.
Please contact Mr. Faulkner if you plan to attend the conference and would like to pre-arrange a meeting.