Neil Palmer and Eric Faulkner to Speak on Comparative Effectiveness Requirements in the Context of Payer Decision Making, Reimbursement and Pricing of New Treatments
Neil Palmer, Vice President, Pricing and Reimbursement and Eric Faulkner, Senior Director, US Market Access and Reimbursement will moderate and speak at a session entitled
Comparative Effectiveness - Develop Evidence to Best Educate Formulary Decision Makers at the Center for Business Intelligence conference on Formulary Reimbursement Strategies for Effective Product Planning to be held September 25-26 in Philadelphia, PA.
The abstract for the session and other key speakers are as follows:
The Medicare Prescription Drug Improvement and Modernization Act (MMA) placed renewed focus on comparative effectiveness for various therapeutic areas. Since then, insurers, payors and government have been looking for more evidence to better compare products on the basis of cost, efficacy and safety. Over the last couple of years, there has been a call by stakeholders, Congress included, to expand the scope of comparative effectiveness research to provide payors and insurers with more evidence of the value of different available products. Today, as attention in the US and global markets focuses less on random clinical trials (RCTs) usage in new drug applications and more on comparative effectiveness to test the true and critical health outcomes of products seeking approval.
- Assess the information and evidence required by formulary decision makers and stakeholders to most effectively plan comparative effectiveness studies
- Increase formulary decision makers product understanding through appropriate communication of comparative effectiveness outcomes
- Look at the future of comparative effectiveness and it’s continually increasing importance in formulary placement
Distinguished speakers include the following:
- Eric Faulkner, Senior Director, US Market Access and Reimbursement, RTI Health Solutions; Director, Genomics Biotech Institute, National Association of Managed Care Physicians
- Neil Palmer, Vice President, Pricing and Reimbursement, RTI Health Solutions
- Dennis Meletiche, Director, Health Outcomes & Market Access, EMD Serono, Inc
- Ole Hauch, Director, Health Economics and Outcomes Research, AstraZeneca
Eric directly if you plan to attend the conference and would like to pre-arrange a meeting time with him.